Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Big Thank You!

I have managed to make it through the week without using my slush fund! Thank you to my oldest friend Stacey for cluing [yes, this looks weird but it is the proper spelling] me in on all the weight watcher friendly treats out there. The Fiber One Brownies [2 points], Better Than Peanut Butter [1 point], and Dulce de Leche WW bars [3 points] are definitely the BEST. The weight watchers cake recipe is also a good pick me up. Do you know the recipe? It's a box of cake mix, a can of diet coke [can of diet sprite if yellow/white mix], and cool whip. It's a 4 point, satisfy the craving, piece of cake. Literally. Ryan and I added cherries to it as well. Another big helper has been the 0 point vegetable soup. When I get hungry during the day and don't want to blow my points, I warm up a bowl of soup! It definitely gets me by.

Something that has been difficult this week is GOING OUT TO EAT. I'm spending a TON of money on groceries and don't want to eat out. Unfortunately, it's the social thing to do. It is insanely difficult to eat well when you go out. Even with the WW guide, I find it so difficult to control myself. I have been avoiding restaurants so if you ask us to go out to eat, don't be offended when we say, "no."

Finally, a big helper today has been planning out the recipes I'm going to make before I go to the grocery store. I had zero impulse buys because of this. What will I be serving this week to my hungry husband? Well, a spanish tortilla, a mexican tamale, rosemary chicken with wild rice, asian quinoa salad, and asparagus and wild rice salad. I can't wait to try these new recipes!

I can't wait for weigh in tomorrow! Until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment